Defense: Week 14
- San Francisco (vs ARI): The Niners rank number one in points allowed and rushing yards allowed. Arizona’s offense struggles all around.
- Pittsburgh (vs CLE): This one’s simple. The Steelers defense is awesome and Cleveland’s offense is not. Look for Pittsburgh to smother Colt McCoy.
- Denver (vs CHI): Broncos defense has been really productive lately and now they face Caleb Hanie at QB. In his two starts this season, Hanie already has 6 interceptions.
- St. Louis (vs SEA): Here’s a sleeper pick. The Rams have a strong run defense and they’re the only team in the past 5 weeks to keep Marshawn Lynch under 100 yards rushing.
- New England (vs WAS): It’s rare for us to tell you to start the Patriots defense, but Rex Grossman turns the ball over like it’s his job. 6 picks in his last 4 games.
- Dallas (vs NYG): The Cowboys defense has made Rex Grossman and Matt Moore look like Pro Bowl quarterbacks, so imagine what Eli Manning will do this week.
- Green Bay (vs OAK): Despite a Raiders loss last week, Carson Palmer had a decent game. Those numbers will only improve against a Packers defense that’s ranked 31st against the pass.
- Houston (vs CIN): The Texans defense is good, but the Bengals are better than their normal AFC South competition.
- N.Y. Giants (vs DAL): Dallas has one of the top passing games in the league. Expect Tony Romo to take advantage of the Giants below-average defense.
- Tennessee (vs NO): You can’t start any defense against Drew Brees and company. The Saints are 2nd in the league in points scored, averaging 32 per game.